Friday, February 18, 2011

Turning Four

My Zoe turned four on Tuesday. I didn't get a chance to spend much time making gifts, unfortunately. My shop workload is keeping me pretty busy at the moment. I did make time to make this pouch and three little wooden peg dolls to fit inside (keep scrolling for a better picture of the dolls). This was her "morning gift". Each birthday is started off with one small gift the birthday girl gets to open as soon as she wakes up. I started doing this on Kaiya's first birthday and they just love it, of course. Who doesn't love starting the day with presents?

My mom and I (mostly my mom) also made her a birthday crown. A lion, perfect for my animal lover. Mom did such a great job on that lion.



The past couple of weeks have been full of me working hard to get orders out and sickness passed back and forth between me and Zoe. I also must admit that I am so over winter and have been in a bit of a funk. While I am at heart a cold weather gal, eventually enough is enough and is it not spring already? I don't know about where you are but we've been enjoying several warm and sunny days this week. I know we'll probably have another (hopefully, should be, short-lived) cold spell. But this weather is making me eager to break out the warm weather clothes and get the garden started and let's not forget our first spring shearing!!
I will hopefully have a shop update tomorrow (spring inspired, of course) and have a flubbed crown to add to the Hand Knit Hand Me Down pool. Til then, keep thinking warm thoughts, we're almost there.

6 comments:

LittleGreenThread said...

I love the gifts & crown you and your mom made! They are all adorable. We have been loving this weather! I took the boys to the park everyday this week. I do not want it to get cold again!

Stacey said...

The crown and tiny dolls are adorable. Sending birthday wishes!! :)

angie said...

what a lovely birthday. you are a great mama!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Happy birthday to your daughter :) I love the crown and the little pouch and peg dolls are adorable! My little guy turns 5 tomorrow and I'm busily working on knitting him a little snake that eats felted mice *grin*. He's going to love watching it gobble them up inside its knit body :)

I may have to borrow your birthday morning gift idea and let him open it as soon as he wakes though. He'll be getting more gifts from my parents & my sister so that will make for such a special start to his day :) so sweet.

Andréann said...

The pouch is very pretty! She looked like a content little girl :)
Happy Bday Zoé!

The morning gift idea is great, I'll keep that on mind for this summer.

I had a cold all week as well. I'm pretty tired of it! Merrick as 7 teeth now. I think we could use a break... I'm tired of winter as well. But we have several more weeks of it to come here!

kendra said...

my goodness happy four!!! love those sweet gifts. you are one amazing mama.

Post a Comment