Monday, May 28, 2012

Getting Ready

Kaiya's very first ballet recital is tomorrow and right now she's at the dress rehearsal.They're preforming 'Sleeping Beauty'. Oh, she is so excited! And I'm a bit nervous for her. What a big step to be up on that stage. She's never done anything like this before.
Photobucket
Isn't she beautiful with her hair up?! You should have seen her in her little tutu. I didn't get any pictures of her all dressed but I will tomorrow, of course.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
And her birthday is on Thursday. Do you remember this dolly? I made it for her two Christmas' ago. By now she was in such bad shape. Her stuffing was all out of wack and I hadn't put enough in anyway. And dirty! Oh, my goodness, was this girl dirty. So about a week and a half ago I told Kaiya I wanted to give her a makeover, clean her up, restuff her, maybe even replace some parts I wasn't happy with, for her birthday and make her new clothes, too. Kaiya turned her back to me and just nodded her head. I asked her if she was sure it would be alright and and she said yes and I could tell she was wiping her eyes. I told her I wouldn't do it if she didn't want me to. She said she did, she was just sad she would have to be apart from her. She cried so much, it just about broke my heart! I gave them a day together before I started and Kaiya gave her a picnic party.
It turned out to be in such worse shape than I realized, though. I thought I'd give her a whole new body and just wash the head. That didn't work at all. The dirt was too deep and it really just made it worse. Loved much, I suppose. So, I had to just start over. And I did, and worked too late into the night and the next day I just hated it. Her body was all wrong. I used the original to go by and I should have made a paper pattern. So I thought I'd make yet another body.... except I didn't have enough of that particular skin tone to make a new body. Which meant I'd have to make a a new face to go with the new skin tone. So, the inner head remains the same and I used all the original stuffing and then some... so that's sort of like the same doll, right? I just had to add the freckles this time. She's kind of obsessed with freckles at the moment. I've already fessed up to Kaiya and told her not to expect the exact same face and she's OK with that, just excited to see her again. And now I'm trying to hurry-scurry make doll clothes in the little bit of time I have left. Oy! I've totally got this.