Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Moment Between

I'm thinking thoughts of the Summer Solstice, not so very far away, now, but still treasuring these cooler days of spring. I wish you could hear this bird song out my window right now. Just beautiful! The girls would stay outside every minute of every day if I would let them. And I do, for the most part.
Photobucket
We've been picking lots of things.... flowers for flower crowns and big bouquets of wild flowers for the dining table. Edible weeds and wild herbs for drying. I must confess that I've not planted a darn thing so far this year. I've been rather distracted. I was just thinking this morning, though, that I'd at least like to get a few herbs in the ground before it's too late, maybe some potted things, too.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I'm also thinking I would like to use these few months between homeschooling and ballet classes to get together with some friends for a few crafternoons. I'm in need of a little mama-time.
Photobucket
What are you doing these last days of spring?